This event is in the past.
60th Anniversary Annual Waitangi Day Hangi in Hong Kong Sat 11 Feb.
The hangi was awesome and a big thanks to all those who came along and made the Hangi the success and great fun that it was. Held immediately after the Waitangi Day golf, thanks to all who helped out on the day, whether it was with a shovel or a butter knife!
Photos from the hangi can be seen here: Waitangi Day Hangi 2017 Photos
Deep gratitude for the hangi on the Saturday is definitely due to (in no particular order):
- Chris Severs for supplying the hangi steel this year, a crucial element that definitely made the difference;
- Evelyne for all the amazing preparation before and during, and holding it all together on the day despite our best efforts otherwise;
- Grace for helping out with registration, drinks and organisation;
- Anthony of BBQ Farm for actually knowing what a hangi is and remaining very relaxed as we dug a big hole and started a fire in his garden;
- Mark Pearson for making himself unavailable by breaking his hand in a 19th-hole golf cart incident the day before, thus improving the odds of the hangi succeeding;
- Chris "the Fijian" Wong for bringing the Foshan Sharks Rugby Team across the border for the hangi, despite the double-whammy conflict of Lantern Festival and his own wedding anniversary;
- And everyone who made the trek out on a sunny Saturday afternoon to Ting Kok Village to make it great fun.